Under cover hangar accommodation is sometimes available at Maypole. However, when spaces become free, they are usually snapped up very quickly. If you want a space for your plane , please call and ask to be put on the waiting list. Depending on the type of plane (e.g. high wing, low wing, wingspan, etc.) we will fit you in when we can.
Tie down spaces are more often available and have the advantage that you can just jump in and fly!
We can accommodate any type of aircraft including microlights, gyrocopters, helicopters and small twins. We welcome single pilot owned aircraft, but it may be difficult for us to accommodate group owned aircraft because of the pressure upon our movements. We generally seek 100 hours PIC as a minimum experience level, as pilots operating from Maypole must be able to operate safely from a grass strip without supervision. Talk to us if this may be a problem.
We provide secure 24 hour access to the site. You will be able to draw fuel on a trust basis whenever you like, for which you will be billed at the end of the month. We have CCTV and long stay parking if you fly off for a week or so’s holiday. We have an engineering capability to deal with problems and a comfortable Clubhouse where you can get free WiFi internet access and refreshments.
Rates are very competitive, plus there is no VAT and no landing fees for residents. Even better, we manage to keep flying when many other nearby grass airfields are closed!
The attractions include:
- No VAT
- No landing fees for residents
- 24 hour access
- CCTV coverage, security locked access and security lighting
- 700 meters x 20 meters of runway (with more annual availability than either Headcorn or Rochester)
- Free use of lighting and electricity in all hangars
- Customs and Border Force clearance facilities (fly to France and back without having to use another staging airfield for customs checks!)
- Toilets with hot and cold water
- The ability to use your own maintenance staff without charge
- Clubhouse with cooking facilities
- Picnic and BBQ areas
- Long term car parking whilst holiday flying
- High speed wireless internet
- Avgas and the ability to draw fuel on account
- PC, fax and printer for weather and NOTAMs
- Tea, coffee, squashes and biscuits included
- Snacks at lower than other establishments’ prices
- Event days
- On site management
- Unique entertainment from the many and various characters who can be seen on site from time to time!
Please call us on 01227 860374 if you would like to book your place or discuss the options available.