Please print these PPR instructions and bring them with you for reference when you fly in.
- Telephone for PPR on 01227 860374, 07778 787447 or 07768 658153 before departure. Leaving an answer phone message is not sufficient. You must get agreement before you fly in.
- Call Southend Approach on 130.780 when entering its LARS area.
- Call Maypole Traffic on SafetyCom 135.480 immediately before joining the Maypole circuit. PPR is generally not available by radio immediately before landing.
- Fly circuits to the WEST of the airfield only. Do not join overhead. Do not over fly the village of Maypole or the houses immediately to the east of the runway centerline.
- Join downwind. Please do not over fly the airfield or fly down the centerline at circuit height. If you need to inspect the runway or windsock before landing, please do so from the WEST side of the airfield only.
- Chalk markers at either end of the runway mark the threshold. Do not land on the runway before these markers unless you have been briefed to do so beforehand. It may be difficult to see these markers, depending upon the vegetation and if we have sprayed weedkiller.
- A footpath crosses the northern end of the runway. Keep a good lookout for pedestrians on this footpath, particularly if landing on runway 20 (from the north). Watch out for people, farm vehicles or horses on or beside the runway.
- On landing, backtrack on the runway. The land beside the runway is not suitable for taxing. Park on the northernmost line of aircraft past the clubhouse (tie down wire in grass).
- Book in and out at the Control Hut, marked with the “C“, beside the toilets. Note: the booking sheets in the clubhouse are for residents only, please use the sheet in the hut marked “Visitors”.
Have a great flight and when you arrive, please come over to the club house after you have booked in at the Control Hut. We look forward to welcoming you and having a cup of tea with you when you are here.
If you need a taxi or overnight accommodation, please give us a call and we will do what we can to assist.